TERMS & CONDITIONS
FLAMINGO PARK (SEAVIEW) LIMITED (trading as and hereafter referred to as "SEAVIEW WILDLIFE ENCOUNTER") of Oakhill Road, Springvale, Seaview, Isle of Wight PO34 5AP (the "Park")
PARK ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In order to maintain the safety of visitors to the Park and to ensure that the high standards set by Seaview Wildlife Encounter are observed, entry into the Park is only permitted to those visitors who are willing to comply with the following Park regulations and your entry into the Park acknowledges acceptance of these Terms:
- All persons entering the Park must hold a valid admission ticket. Entrance tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be re-sold or passed to a third party.
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter will not reimburse entry fees due to inclement weather.
- Any complimentary tickets issued by Seaview Wildlife Encounter entitle the bearer to two entrances to the Park free of charge or entrance on such other terms as are specified on the individual ticket. Complimentary tickets will only be valid until the date specified on that ticket and are not replaceable or exchangeable if lost or stolen.
- Last admission into the Park is one hour prior to the advertised closing time of the Park.
- No child under the age of 16 will be permitted into the Park unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over at all times. Children must remain under the control and supervision of an adult at all times.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden within the Park's buildings, undercover areas and on open patios where food or drinks are being consumed. There are demarcated areas for smoking. Please use the sand buckets provided.
- Please keep the Park tidy and free from litter by using the bins provided around the Park.
- No dogs or any other pets are allowed into the Park due to free-roaming livestock. In the interests of animal welfare, please refrain from leaving pets in your vehicle during your visit. Seaview Wildlife Encounter reserves the right to contact any relevant authority if we feel that an animal left in our car park is suffering or distressed in any way.
- Unnecessary noise (for example from radios, mobile phones or other electrical equipment) or any behaviour likely to cause disturbance to livestock or annoyance to other visitors is not permitted in any areas of the Park.
- Climbing or standing on walls, fences, barriers or safety fences is strictly prohibited, as is entry into the animal enclosures. Seaview Wildlife Encounter reserves the right to prosecute any person found damaging or defacing any part of the Park grounds.
- Only persons authorised by Seaview Wildlife Encounter are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Park.
- Skateboards, roller skates, rollerblades, wheeled shoes, bikes, scooters and ball games are banned from use in the Park.
- Vehicles are only permitted within the designated parking spaces and the use of all vehicles is prohibited within the Park during the hours it is open to visitors (other than in an emergency).
- Without prior permission from Seaview Wildlife Encounter, no vehicles are permitted to remain within the Park car park outside normal opening hours.
- Visitors must comply with all signage displayed within the Park and any verbal instructions given by staff regarding the treatment and feeding of the livestock.
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter reserves the right to refuse entry into or remove any person who is, in the sole opinion of it's staff, behaving in an inappropriate or unsafe manner and no refund of any paid entrance fee will be given. This includes any person:
- whose behaviour is deemed to have or is likely to adversely affect Park livestock and/or the safety and/or enjoyment of other visitors;
- who has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or has in any way provoked or behaved in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace or may disturb the livestock; and/or
- is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter has adopted a 'zero tolerance' approach towards members of the public behaving in an aggressive manner to its staff.
- In order to prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Park, visitors are admitted subject to the condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by staff of Seaview Wildlife Encounter.
- Visitors should not photograph or video any member of staff or other visitors without their knowledge or permission and may not use photographs or videos taken of our livestock, staff or Park for any commercial purpose.
- In order to ensure the Park remains a safe place to be, CCTV is in operation.
- Visitors are permitted to leave their belongings (for example, pushchairs or backpacks) at a designated area within the Park (please ask a member of staff if such storage is required). However Seaview Wildlife Encounter accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to such belongings. All items and belongings brought into the Park by visitors shall be at visitors' own risk. Seaview Wildlife Encounter accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to such property.
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter reserves the right to make changes to these Terms at any time. Visitors will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time of entry into the Park.
- If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term; the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision and the remainder of the terms shall continue in effect.
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond reasonable control. This term does not affect visitors' statutory rights.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Seaview Wildlife Encounter or its staff, Seaview Wildlife Encounter, its employees and/or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the business's relationship with the visitor to the extent permitted by law.
- In the event that the exclusion of liability in point 24 (above) is not effective, Seaview Wildlife Encounter's maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury) shall be the amount paid by the visitor to enter the Park.
- None of these Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than the visitor or Seaview Wildlife Encounter.
- These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law. Any claim brought under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
(Disability Discrimination Act 2005)
- It is the objective of the Park to provide an equal welcome to all our visitors.
- We are aware that those in wheelchairs may have a restricted view at our presentations and we make every effort to prevent this.
- We encourage all our visitors to participate in activities such as "hands-on" feeding and stroking of certain species of our livestock. We will assist those in wheelchairs (and those with other disabilities) to join in with activities wherever possible.
- Assistance is available for our disabled visitors if required; please speak to any member of staff in this regard.
- Our disability action plan itemises the ways in which we strive to maintain and improve our high standards and adhere to the Disability Discrimination Acts of 1995 and 2005. A copy of our action plan is available upon request.
- Disabled parking bays are provided
- The entire Park (other than inside the animal enclosures) is accessible to wheelchair users
- There are gentle slopes, no steps
- Ample seating is provided around the Park
- Male and female toilets for the disabled are provided
- Wash hand basins around the Park are at a height suitable for wheelchair users
- First aid stations are located at the Main Entrance Reception and the Gift Shop